I saw this tag over on An Historian About Town and thought I’d play. If I’m remembering correctly, I haven’t done a tag like this one before on this blog. I reserve the right to be forgetful and wrong though.
- Name: Trisha
- Age: 39. I’m not shy about it
- Height: 5 feet 4 3/4 inches. I hold onto that 3/4 inches.
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Tattoos/Piercings: I have the regular ear piercings, one in each lobe, but I hardly ever wear earrings because they irritate my ears. No matter what material they’re made out of.
- Colour: The green familiy
- Season: Summer. Actually, that probably isn’t accurate. I like the warm weeks right before Memorial Day and directly following Labor Day. Where I live in Florida, both the weather and the Gulf of Mexico are still warm enough to go to the beach but there are way fewer tourists.
- Shop: Ulta, Michael’s/Hobby Lobby
- Song: These Days by Foo Fighters. You should give it a listen and really pay attention to the lyrics.
- Music Artist: Dave Grohl, Jack Johnson, Dierks Bentley, Eric Clapton
- Bands: Foo Fighters, Phantogram, Banners, Chvrches, Joywave, MS MR, Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers, Vance Joy, Cage the Elephant
- TV Show: Friends, TBBT, Shameless (UK & US versions), The Walking Dead (that show is walking a fine line though, no pun intended.)
- Film: I couldn’t think of one and didn’t want to steal Funny Face from the Historian.
- Actor/Actress: Audrey Hepburn
- Book: I could never pick just one. Or twenty.
- Food: Mexican food but more, Baja Mexican food.
- Beverage: Wine. Red: Cabernet Sauvignon. White: Riesling or Viogner or Gewurztraminer (Had to spell check that but impressed myself with how close I got, lol.) I much more a red wine person.
10 QUESTIONS (I looked up the original post tag and it only had 9 questions. Not sure about that.)
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
I have a thing with the 1920s. Also, I wanted it to be “bookish” so that I could include things about libraries, publishing, etc., and not just book reviews.
2. What are your three best and three worst personality traits?
Best: Honest, Intelligent, Loyal
Worst: Honest, Critical, too much of a realist
3. Favourite subject in school?
High school: Sociology. Undergrad: Vampires in Myth and Culture. Grad School: Rare Books
4. What are your fears?
My friends and loved ones getting sick and/or dying. Rushing water (hard to explain this one). Being lost, physically not metaphorically.
5. What is the last thing that made you cry?
When Churchill cried in The Crown.
6. What countries have you been to?
United States, Mexico, Bahamas, England, Germany
7. What was your dream career when you were little? Has it changed?
I wanted to be a teacher when I was really little. Then I realized I don’t like other people’s kids and I’m working on my MLIS.
8. How would you describe your fashion sense?
I have none. I wear what I like, what fits, and what’s comfortable. I am trying to get rid of my t-shirts in favor of more adult’ish type shirts that don’t look so frumpy.
9. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
My dog. Milo is much beloved and spoiled rotten. He has a great life.