Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s prompt is Top Ten names I’d give a pet (pet is my choice here.).
I’m really horrible at naming my pets. We once had a rabbit that was the breed mini Rex we named him Rex. We’re original and imaginative like that. Borrowing names from literary characters is slightly more original, lol.
- Eeyore for a basset hound. I really think that Eeyore would be the perfect fit for a basset hound.
- Finn (Huckleberry Finn). This might be cute for a fish is you named your fish, lol. (We do, so stop laughing.) But it would work for a cat or a dog too.
- Fitz(gerald). Again, I think Fitz would be good for either a cat or a dog.
- Francis (the “F” in F. Scott Fitzgerald) for a cat. Seems more fitting than for a dog.
- Gertrude for a cat. (Gertrude Stein)
- Maggie for a cat. (Margaret Atwood)
- Harry for a dog. (Harry Potter)
- Piglet for a guinea pig. I always like a pig themed name for guinea pigs. We once had one named Bacon and he was much beloved.
- Luna for a cat or a dog. (Harry Potter)
- Finnick for a dog. (Hunger Games)
I’m gonna have to remember this list for any future pets we get, lol.