This is a first for me but I love memes and lists and participating in the book blogging community so here goes.
This week’s topic from The Broke and the Bookish is Ten Finished Series I have Yet to Finish.
- The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. The first book didn’t impress me at all so, finishing this series is very low on my list of bookish priorities.
- Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I’ve read them all but the last book. I plan on reading it someday…
- The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I have them all. I’ve read all but the last book. For some reason, after finishing the fourth book, and enjoying all four up to that point, I had absolutely no desire to read the last book. I can’t really put my finger on the why of it.
- The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I’ve read Cinder and that’s it. I most likely plan on reading the rest of the series.
- The MaddAddam series by Margaret Atwood. I’ve read the 1st book and have the 2nd sitting on my desk waiting on me. I soooooo plan on finishing this series. Atwood is one of my most favorite authors.
- The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. This is probably the only instance where I’ll ever say this about a book, but I hated this book. The first one. That’s all I read and all I’ll ever read and I’m sorry that I read that much of this series. Ms. Meyer can’t write for shite and her characters are gag-me-with-a-spoon-worthy. And she absolutely butchered the vampire myth. Hate. -5 stars.
- The Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay. I only need to read the last book. AND I WILL!!! Love this series. Love Dexter. Jeff Lindsay is diabolical.
- The Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. Odd Thomas is one of my all time favorite characters. I love this series, I just haven’t gotten around to finishing it yet. The first book still makes me cry.
- and 10. Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Claire. I loved what I read of both these series. Steampunk is one of my favorite science fiction sub-genres if not the favorite. The reason I didn’t finish this series is because my house flooded last year and these were some of the books I lost in the flood. My heart was hurt by the books that I lost in that flood and I haven’t been able to make myself replace them yet.